Friday, April 2, 2010

I Wanna Be in the Show!


O, Mr. Iconic images, I got you on this one. Godfather I is great because of iconic images, huh? Well, Doc, images do not get more iconic than in I Love Lucy. Does stomping on the grapes mean anything to you? vitaminavegemin commercial? Ricky preforming at the club? Lucy dressed up in many costumes? the chocolate factory? Mr. Mooney??!!! Lucy is filled with iconic images that have stayed vibrant in American pop culture today, where Honeymooners just reminds us of a big moon....hey, I can just look outside at night and see that.

You want wacky neighbors? Fred and Ethel are where it is at! I don't even know the names of the wives on the Honeymooners and I refuse to scroll through Doc's post to be reminded of them. Lucy has songs, humor, heart and everything you can ask for in a classic sitcom.

Now, I know Doc will be mad at this argument but it must be said. "To the Moon Alice..." is clearly a metaphor for beating one's wife. And Lucy's show does not promote spousal abuse. It supports good family values...until Little Ricky came on, that kid was annoying and needed to be put in line.

Anyway, I Love Lucy, not the Honeymooners. The Honeymooners stinks...and as far as I am concerned it is on par with the 2005 film remake, which makes me wanna go WAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!...now that's iconic!

P.S. They would never try to turn Lucy into a remade movie...it was too perfect.

2 comments:

  1. How dare you use my argument about inconic images against me! Thats just an added bonus about the Godfather.

    This post is rubbish for a number of reasons. The picture of Lucy is in color. Do you even own any Lucy dvds? Have you seen every episode? And I cant believe you posted a picture of the black Honeymooners. I am insulted and cant believe this appears on a website I co-run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baba-loooooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuu!

    ReplyDelete