Thursday, April 1, 2010

RE: Warning: This Article May Contain Spoilers

Patience. It pays off. When you love a tv show or movie, it is often difficult waiting to find out what will happen next. But doing so makes it even more exciting when watching the events unravel before your eyes. A surprise cameo. A shocking death. A friend becoming an enemy. Reading them on the page beforehand is not as exciting as watching them within the context of the work.

The fact that I even have to argue about this is unbelievable to me. I can understand the desire to want to know what is going to happen. But to say reading about spoilers, instead of being shocked while watching the actual tv show or movie, is fucking mind boggling. Reading spoilers may appease you for the time being and get you excited for what is to come, but they take away from the excitement and suspense of when it is actually happening.

Despite my dislike of spoilers, I will leave you with one: the readers of this blog will agree with my views on this issue over those of Dos.

No comments:

Post a Comment