Friday, December 24, 2010

END OF YEAR LISTS

As 2010 reaches its end, I would like to share with you my "top of" lists for the year. We will begin with my top 10 movies. Enjoy!


Top 10 Movies


10. The Book of Eli - This one made the list because there were a lot of other movies that were probably better, but I just havent seen yet. But it's Denzel walking the earth armed and kicking ass. Immediately awesome right there.


9. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 - A little bit longer than it should have been, but one of the best Potter movies to date. A great set up for the conclusion.


8. The Town - What would have been just another generic heist tale is taken above average by Affleck's directing as well as the great acting. 


7. Jackass 3D - I would have to say this was the funniest comedy of the year. It had me crying cause I was laughing so hard from some skits. Also, having grown up watching the show on tv there is a fondness in my heart for seeing it still going strong. 


6. Shutter Island - This was a great film. Leonardo DiCaprio (in his second movie on my list) proves yet again he is one of the best actors out there. Scorsese still has it. Slightly predictable but enjoyable none the less.


5. Toy Story 3 - The perfect conclusion to everyone’s favorite toy's story (see what I did there). The perfect amount of comedy and heart. If you are a fan of the first two, or any Pixar movie in general, you will no doubt love this movie.


4. The Expendables - What can I say about this? If you are a fan of classic 80’s action movies staring the likes of Stallone and Schwarzenegger, you will love this movie. Worth the price of admission alone for the scene with Sly, Arnold and Willis. 


3. The Fighter - A great movie. Best boxing movie since the Rocky’s. Great performances across the board. Especially Christian Bale. Every scene he is in your eyes will be glued to the screen. Must see.


2. True Grit - Another great movie to grace the cinemas at year end. Not only is this a great drama/action/western, but I would also say it was the funniest movie I have seen all year. Amazing cast. The Coen's continue to prove themselves as some of the best filmmakers working today.


1. Inception - My favorite movie of the year. Christopher Nolan got everything about this movie right. Great casting, story, action, drama, score, etc. I can keep going on and on. Hands down the best movie of the year. Lived up to the hype. See it if you havent yet.


That is it for my favorite movies of 2010. Next up, best albums!

No comments:

Post a Comment