Monday, December 13, 2010

Wii Would Like to Play

Nothing could match my excitement of the news of the wii's development. Even though it was just a few years ago, it feels like decade. There are times when I may go weeks without playing it, forgetting those days. Think about it, before the wii you just played a video game. After we were truly involved with the video game. Nothing can match the child-like faces on adults when they first swung their controller to play wii sports. It truly is an amazing system, that blew those graphic heavy systems away.

Years later, the wii has found itself in troublesome times. The competitors are catching up. They are copying the technology because it is that good. However, they all fail in one respect. The games! The games made by Nintendo are the best for this new type of game play. Wii sports is still an amazing game that I play more than any other. The games created or the wii are the best games out there for any system. Case in point: the new epic mickey game.

Playstation 3 is like the realist painters of the early modern era. These painting/games are fascinating in their accurate portrayal of real events. But they are not entirely fun. Wii games are like the moder impressionist and surrealists. There are no boundaries and they are fun and incredibly creative. I ask you, which world would you rather live in? I would rather live in the boundless interesting fantasy of the wii.

And yes, xbox is for douches. Playstaion 3 is for the borring realist. Wii is the best because it has no limits and a history. We all remember the first time we played Mario and it is nice how Nintendo retains a sense of history and I can still play Mario in a great and new way.

Man, this topic was kinda boring. Or was it just my post? I am not a fan of this post. What was I doing comparing video games to paintings? Was that supposed to be funny or serious? I don't know, maybe was it the topic? Or maybe it is just hard to describe video games. Anyway, I just want you to know that I feel like this post was not up to my usual high standards, but I do not feel like trying to rewrite it. So, there you are. I guess I will just end it with a picture of the muppets. Man, do I love the muppets. That new movie coming out next year with them looks exciting. I mean compared to the crap of the last three muppet movies. Why did they just recreate books? Where is the creativity in that? And Tim Curry was in one of them. Man, what a waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment