Friday, February 18, 2011

Bad Blog Post

I will respond to Doc only based on the movies I have seen. I like the Last Emperor. I found the film to be quite interesting and entertaining. However, there is not much violence and it is not a comedy, so I could see where Doc would not like it. Blade Runner was, indeed, incredibly boring. I think that there is more to Little Miss Sunshine than meets the eye. Some of the dialogue is loaded with interesting observations about modern family life. I enjoyed the movie and think it is, at least, original in parts. I think the point of the Rocky Horror Picture Show was not to be a good story. It is an homage to bad movies and how they can still be enjoyable, as well as other things. It achieves its goal here. Everything else I agree with Doc on.

Oh wait, that is not necessarily so. The Last Samurai. I HATE this movie. Never has a movie been so inaccurate on so many things. Most of this I can forgive if someone says, "well, it was an entertaining movie, back off." Except for the fact that the ending is bizarrely wrong. The ending of the movie insists that the samurai continued to flourish and as did the government in power at the time. In reality, Japan was attempting to make way to modernize and compete with the west for commercial interests, as well as a say in world politics. They, thus, repressed the samurai and the shogun was replaced with an emperor to make way for modernization. Man, what a dumb movie. What was the point of the movie now? Who knows? Glorification of violence probably.

Man, short post. Doc didn't really give me much to work with. What to write about now? I think coming out of Inceptiongate, I should find a movie Doc and I agree on to talk about. Eh, screw it.

No comments:

Post a Comment