Friday, February 4, 2011

You are Not Chevy Chase and He Is: A Tribute to Chevy Chase, Who You Are Not


Once in a while, there comes a man. A man who knows that he is Chevy Chase and that everyone else is not Chevy Chase. This man, let's call him Chevy Chase, is my hero. He doesn't know that he is my hero, but he is. I have been a Chase fan as long as I can remember. On SNL, he fell down. That made me laugh. In Spies Like Us, he was a spy, like us. In Funny Farm, he lived on one very funny farm. In the vacation films, he went on vacation. Well, in Christmas Vacation he did not really go any where, but I am guessing they wanted to keep it aligned well with the two previous films. In that movie with Jonathan Taylor Thomas whose name I could never remember (father of the pride? maybe? I am sure it was some pun about parenting and nature), he blew the acting pants off of JTT and did a really funny dance.


Then something happened...no Chevy Chase. Where was Chevy? I missed him! This was a time of great darkness and I was forced to watch Innerspace with Martin Short. This was, indeed a dark period. Martin Short made a very good Martin Short. But I can tell you this; he was no Chevy Chase. Who else could be Chevy Chase, but Chevy Chase?


THEN THERE WAS COMMUNITY!


Chevy Chase was back, and he was amazing. Last night he stole the show in an amazing episode.

Now, you might be saying; "Dos, Chevy was really good last night in Community, but you are kind mocking his movies before. I don't get it. Are you having a go at Chevy or do you really enjoy his work?" The truth is this: I do not know myself, but I do know this; I legitimately love Chevy Chase and have the DVDs to prove it.

This humble entry to the 3184 blog is just to welcome Chevy Chase back into my life. I wasn't sure if it was for good after the first season of Community, but after last night's episode I know it is. The renaissance is here and it is starring Chevy Chase. This is his time, for you see, he is Chevy Chase and no one else is. We have to remember that fact. For I fear that if we don't, we may lose him again. So let's all cherish the fact that he is Chevy Chase, and we are not, because it is not just a funny one-liner to introduce a segment making fun of the news, it is a fact that should stay with us all our lives.


Chevy, welcome back, you have been missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment