Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Round About Logic or: A Nonsensical Ranting Response to Doc's Previous Two Posts and the Current States of the World and My Life

I am pretty sure when the Clash wrote "Lost in the Supermarket" they did not have Doc or I in mind. However, I feel like the lyrics apply to both of us. We are both little children in many ways. Perhaps this is why Doc hates children so much and then posted a trailer for a superhero movie. Was I the only one who caught the irony? This is a movie marketed at children and adults who have not stopped being children. Let me be clear I am all for staying young in heart and being childish. I do not see people who I consider truly to be adults to be enjoying anything about life. They seem to fight a lot and be obsessed with, to quote Douglas Adams, the traveling of little pieces of green paper. I don't want to be like that either. That sounds horrible. But I don't think my present childishness is working out either. Should I really be excited about the new Muppet movie as much as I am? In this way, I am no better than Doc and his superhero obsession. OK, a little better than Doc, but not much.

I think life is all about perception. You can have a horrible life but if you have a great attitude it can be wonderful. Let me be clear again, you would have to truly have a great attitude. Those people who pretend to have a great attitude, act really fakely happy and then freak out when they come home do not have a great attitude. So, the question is; how can I keep a sincere good attitude when there are so many problem in the world as a whole and in my personal life? I think we have to remain childish! I think that is the key. I think we have to embrace every emotion we have. Look, life is going to always have its problems and it would be dumb to pretend it doesn't. Thus, we have to just embrace every emotion as it happens, let it take us over and deal with it head on. Also, we have to embrace all our wants and joys as much as possible. I am excited for the Muppet movie! I kind of even want to see x-men now! This is just like that song by the Clash, "Lost in the Supermarket." In fact, I bet it was written about Doc and I. It is pure childish emotions. Nothing is solved in the song, but it makes you feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment