Thursday, February 17, 2011

And Now a Musical Interlude: Blue Rondo à la Turk


While I am fully aware of the fact that no one reads this blog, and that the 3184blog is experiencing a crisis like no other, I would like to take a moment out for an interlude and to try to sell you something. I would like to sell you a song. It is free or, depending on you morals, 99 cents. If there are profits, they do not go to me. So, please understand that my goal here is not financial gain. My goal doesn't even have to do with today. It has to do with something down the line. Something that will happen to you later. It has probably already happened to you, but it will happen to you again and maybe next time this will make it easier. I was walking today, a bit stressed for various unnecessary reasons, and the day was rather nice to be honest. Furthermore, my stresses were nothing of great concern. They were something I built up too much in my head. However, I did not see any of that. All I saw was complaining. I saw myself complaining about idiotic notions that had no influence on anything I was doing.

Now, it has upset me that I have yet to mention music yet, at all, in this blog. I do think that music is rather important, perhaps more important than movies. You probably see where I am going with this, so I will cut to the chase. Yes, the song cheered me up and made me realize how annoying and moany I can be. But I don't want you to think that this was just any song. This was a special song. This was Dave Brubeck's

Blue Rondo à la Turk

Now, comes the hard sell. There are no words. The song has no words. Even worse, for those less adventurous among us, it is a jazz song. Ugh I could hear you moaning. You know, I knew you would be like this. That's why I did the big cheesy intro. But give us a chance here. I don't want to poorly describe the song, as it is impossible to describe a song as it is. I want to convince you to get the song. I don't want you to listen to it on youtube. You will not give it a chance. I just want you to get the song somehow. You don't even have to listen to it. Just get it, put it on your computer, ipod or whatever. Don't think about it after you have done this. Don't even listen to it. Just put it somewhere and forget about. The best thing about this song is that it is just going to come to you at the right time. When it does, you will listen to it, all the way through. It will help you, I swear it will. Just do it. I am begging you here. Get the song and the rest will work out itself. I promise.

None of this makes any sense to you I'm sure, don't worry it will someday.

Did he just quote American Beauty? Remember the bag scene, that was cheesy looking back. Or was it meaningful? Discuss. Oh, before you discuss get the song.

I now take you back to the Inception fight. This was a nice interlude, eh? Much better than that dumb movie....

No comments:

Post a Comment