Monday, February 27, 2012

A Call for a Return to Normalcy; or A Post About Doc's Posts

Hey Doc! Why don't you do some better posts? Yeah, your right. One of my many jobs affords me time to write a post at work. Should I be penalized for this? Yeah, I guess I should because when I don't have time here to post I can go months without posting. Fair enough Doc. You got me on that one. I mean call the blog police and take me away for a violation of code 29b-6. Guilty as charged. However, here is the thing; Doc's posts kind of stink. They do. Don't look at me that way. I am just trying to tell you my honest feelings. His posts tend to be, how can I say this nicely, pretty damn bad. They are short, filled with pictures that I do not care for, about things I don't care for and they do not mention me enough. I miss the days of the blog when it was back and forth with the fighting and the arguing. I mean in this new mode, I have done some wonderful posts. That thoughtful examination of the Spalding Gray movie represented a true highlight for this blog. Doc's posts showing batman in posters from modern directors....not so much. Hey, no one said the truth wasn't going to hurt.

They are also really short. Did I say that yet? I mean really short. Doc used to give us some long posts about interesting topics. These are just blurbs about random things he has found online. I don't mind that they are random things he found online. That is fine. We actually are a random thing online. It is the blurbs. He is not telling us anything about these things he is just presenting them to us. We, as readers, expect more from him. Where is that trademark Doc cynical wit? Where is his wonderfully warped take on all of life's problems? Where have all the cowboys gone? We are left with a shell of his formal blog posting self. I don't know if Doc is having personal problems, and to be honest I do not really care. I just want his old posts back at any cost.

So, what am I prepared to do to bring the old Doc back? Well, I am certainly prepared to insult him. So, check there. Doc is dumb in the way that he is not posting like he used to. I am also quite prepared to make a whole post about this situation. So, check there too. I have done what I can and have spoken for the people who want their leader to return to a golden age. Will it work? Will I have to do another post like this until it happens? I don't know the answer to these questions. I only know that this is not the golden age of the blog. This is after the gold rush territory. Except with my posts, which are still good. Great even. Yeah, I am a pretty good blogger. Anyway, Doc please let us know what is going on so we can get your old posting self back. I and your readers are will to help you in anyway we can, except through money, spending time listening to your problems and basically any effort on our part. We have things to do too you know. It is crazy that you expect us to take time out to help you do your job. Just make with the good blog posts again.

This post is paid for by the citizens for doc making better posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment